Let’s reimagine the way we move.
To decarbonize the transportation sector, which is responsible for 16 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions, we need solutions to electrify transportation, enable alternative fuels, increase efficiency, and promote shared mobility and micromobility.
In this program track, we bring startups and corporates together to accelerate the commercialization of technologies from EVs, to hydrogen refueling technologies, to automotive lightweighting innovations, and more. How do you want to transform transportation?
Go Move 2022
Decarbonize the automotive industry with BASF and Magna
We’re looking for startups with material innovations for automotive efficiency and shared and future mobility, as well as materials and process innovations for recycling.
Go Move 2022 is seeking startups at TRL 4-8 in the following areas. View the full RFP for more details.
Materials Innovation for Automotive Efficiency and Reducing Lifecycle Emissions
- Materials that enable radical reduction in weight
- Materials that improve automotive aerodynamics (e.g. texture, smart materials, and/or morphing materials)
- Materials that lower the carbon footprint of the automotive manufacturing process (e.g. use lower temperatures, use novel curing mechanisms, use biobased materials, and/or reduce waste in the painting process)
Materials Design for Recycling and New Recycling Techniques
- Recycling process innovations, including new sorting approaches and/or rapid analytics and identification of in line material composition, selective recovery of materials, and recycling of Automotive Shredder Residue (ASR)
- Painted plastics recycling, including processes that facilitate the separation of the paint (e.g. upon trigger or via an additive)
- High-value use of mixed-plastics waste, especially those used in the automotive industry (e.g. PA, PBT, POM, PP, and PC)
- New materials and joining techniques that enable the recycling of multimaterial, including recyclable thermosets and recycling the reinforcement in materials
Materials Innovation for Shared and Future Mobility
- New concepts for hygienic surfaces
- Increased durability in materials, such as self-healing plastics and coatings
- Dirt, ice, and snow shedding solutions that may include dirt-repelling, self-cleaning, and anti-fouling properties
- Material alternatives that create durable, weatherable, and aesthetic exterior surfaces
Benefits for Startups
- Engage leadership from BASF and Magna and explore potential partnership outcomes, including pilots, joint developments, investments, and purchase orders
- Receive $25,000 in non-dilutive grant funding
- Gain access to mentorship, partnership-focused programming, and networking opportunities with Greentown, BASF, and Magna
- Get desk space and membership at Greentown Labs throughout the program
Judging and Selection
Want to learn more? Reach out to Marinna Teixeira, Greentown’s Senior Program Manager, Partnerships.
Past Go Move Programs
Go Move Alumni
“I got really good feedback from the startups. I wanted to make sure this was useful to them. Many companies have been in several accelerators, funding programs, etc. So why another one? It is clear [Greentown Go programs are] something different. One company said this is the best program they have been a part of so far.”