Accelerating the Clean Energy Transition in the Energy Capital of the World
We’re thrilled to be supporting climatetech startups in Houston, TX—an energy hub unlike any other that’s capable of leading the way in renewable energy and the decarbonization of our planet.
We opened our doors on Earth Day 2021 and have welcomed more than 25 Houston members. We’re actively accepting applications for startup membership, providing Houston-area entrepreneurs with the community, resources, connections, equipment, and lab space they need to succeed.
4200 San Jacinto Street
This 40,000-square-foot incubator, located in the Innovation District being developed by Rice Management Company, offers prototyping lab, office, and community space for up to about 50 startup companies.
The Greentown Ecosystem + Resources
We know that climatetech startups need a supportive network of corporate partners, investors, industry experts, and fellow entrepreneurs to succeed—alongside a litany of hardware, software, and professional resources. That’s why we work hard to help you forge the connections and get the tools you need.
- Collaborative community of climatetech entrepreneurs
- Introductions to strategic corporate partners
- Investor Program
- Free + discounted software licenses
- Trainings and Lunch + Learns
- CEO network
- Speaker Series
- Academic + scientific articles
- The Manufacturing Initiative, run by our sister nonprofit FORGE
- Industry + market research reports
- Office hours
- Marketing + brand promotion
- Greentown community’s LinkedIn-style intranet
- Social community events
- Flexible event space for meetings
- Phone booths + conference rooms
- Outdoor courtyard
- Shared kitchen
- Shared bike storage
- Managed mail and receiving area
- Access to shared loading dock with sustainably designed waste channels for batteries, e-waste, packing materials, and compost
Office space: $450/month/desk
Prototyping lab space: $4.00/sq. ft./month
“Reducing Houston’s emissions and leading a global transition is a community-wide effort and will require action from residents and the business community. This is why it’s more important than ever to have partners and organizations like Greentown Labs, whose mission is to solve the climate crisis through entrepreneurship and collaboration. We are proud to welcome this organization to our City and look forward to the continued partnership.”
Over the past several months, Greentown Labs has become my most relied-upon network for connections and advice as I’ve been building my Houston-based clean energy startup. Although the events have been virtual (due to the pandemic), the community has been very real. And this has been accomplished even before the formal launch of Greentown Labs in Houston! So I can only imagine how awesome it will be for the local cleantech ecosystem when Greentown Houston is fully kicked off. Super excited!