Our 180+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
Deployments + Partnerships
- Ivys Energy Solutions’ SimpleFuelFast station will be deployed in Melbourne, Australia.
- Form Energy is partnering with Great River Energy, a utility co-op in Minnesota, to pilot its multi-day, cost-effective energy storage system.
- LineVision has announced a new project with Duquesne Light Company (DLC) to install no-contact sensors on several transmission towers across DLC’s service territory.
- GPR (formerly WaveSense) announced the release of its next-gen radar technology, called Aegis.
- Carbon to Value Initiative participant Carbfix will process and store carbon from the world’s largest carbon capture plant, which plans to capture 4,000 tons of carbon annually.
- Heila Technologies’ modular energy platform has been deployed at an elementary school in Washington, D.C.
- CeraPhi Energy has reached an agreement to repurpose oil and gas wells in UK energy company IGas Energy’s portfolio for geothermal energy use.
- INOVUES, a Greentown alum and InNOVAte 2019 Challenge participant, has completed its first commercial project in Seattle.
- Raptor Maps has partnered with Rosendin Electric to capture solar panel serial numbers for a 300+ MW PV system under construction, using Raptor Maps’ technology to scan nearly 1 million serial numbers directly into a digital twin.
- Eugenie.ai has announced a strategic partnership with Earth5R.
- Solarflux released a new tool called CASPER that compares the energy collection and conversion efficiency of concentrating solar power technologies, such as their FOCUS parabolic dish concentrator.
- Topl is partnering with Fueltrax to create a full, complete, and verifiable digital record of energy trading operations.
- Greentown alum Sunwealth has a new 362-kilowatt solar project in Woburn, MA.
- Our alum RISE Robotics will be partnering with Anthony Liftgates to debut a new fluid-free, electric alternative to hydraulic cylinders in liftgates.
- Our alum Biobot Analytics, in collaboration with Ginkgo Bioworks, announced a successful campaign to sequence over 2,000 wastewater samples across all 50 states for SARS-CoV-2.
- AmpUp has received an investment from Powerhouse Ventures, which joins Goodyear, TechNexus, Foothill Ventures, and other firms in AmpUp’s latest funding round.
- Sol Clarity, Lydian Labs, AeroShield Materials, Vespr Solar, Nth Cycle, and NewGrid received funding through the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center’s Catalyst Program.
- OpConnect has received an investment from VertueLab’s Climate Impact Fund.
- Radical Plastics was awarded a USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture SBIR program Phase 1 grant.
Awards + Recognition
- The winners of the 2021 Houston InnovationMap Awards have been announced, and Greentown Houston members brought home the gold! Cemvita Factory received the 2021 Spacetech Business award and Topl received the Female-owned Business award.
- AeroShield Materials was named a winner of the American-Made Solar Prize Round 4.
- Applied Bioplastics was selected for the Fall 2021 Texas Venture Labs Cohort.
- Greentown Houston member Terrapin Geothermics and alum REVOLUTION Turbine Technologies have been chosen for the energyNEXT program. Greentown HQ member Energy Dome and alum ElectricFish were also selected!
- CalWave Power Technologies is an early-stage winner of the Department of Energy’s Waves to Water Contest.
- MicroEra Power was named one of Startup Basecamp’s Startups to Watch.
- KAITEKI Challenge participant Impactful Health R&D was named one of the 48 Top Packaging Services Startups and Companies in Canada by Best Startup Canada.
- Circularise was selected as a Top 50 Startup at the WorldFestival 2021 Innovation Awards.
- Heila Technologies CEO Francisco Morocz was named a 2021 Sustainability Award Winner by the Business Intelligence Group.
- GPR (formerly WaveSense) has been listed as an Emerging Startup on Tracxn’s list of Top Sensors Startups for 2021.
- Haystack Ag is a winner in THRIVE and our partner Bayer’s Sustainability Challenge.
- KAITEKI Challenge participant Paragon Pure was selected for Rabobank’s 2021 Foodbytes! Pitch competition.
- ALLY Energy CEO Katie Mehnert has been recognized as one of Houston’s Global Leaders of Influence by The World Affairs Council of Greater Houston.
- Circularise has been named one of “8 Benelux startups to keep on your radar.”
- Noteworthy AI has been selected for the Techstars Alabama EnergyTech Accelerator.
- Syzygy Plasmonics is competing in the COP26 Clean Energy StartUp Pitch Battle—vote for them before Oct. 18.
- Jon Everitt from our alum Altaeros is in the running for the Timmy Awards’ Best Tech Manager – Boston! You can vote for him here.
- SeebeckCell Technologies’ CTO Ali Farzbod is one of North Texas Inno’s Top Innovators to Watch.
- COI Energy Services was selected as one of five women-led climatetech companies to pitch at Chloe Capital and Cornell’s Diversity in Climatetech initiative.
- OhmConnect received a glowing review in a New York Times op-ed and its energy-saving program was spotlighted in the Los Angeles Times. Learn more about OhmConnect on My Climate Journey.
- Folia Materials’ face masks were featured in the Boston Globe.
- Quantum New Energy’s CEO Patricia Vega was featured in Houston Business Journal for her participation on an OTC panel about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the energy industry.
- Topl’s blockchain technology was featured in Bloomberg.
- Nth Cycle’s CEO Megan O’Connor was featured in Electrek.
- VC Fuel was featured in InnovationMap—read the Q&A to learn about VC Fuel’s climatetech-focused investment fund. InnovationMap also named VC Fuel’s CEO Ahmad Atwan a “Houston Innovator to Know.”
- ALLY Energy COO Shanta Eaden was featured in the Houston Business Journal.
- OpConnect CEO Dexter Turner was featured in Portland Business Journal.
Excited by all these milestones? Us too. Share your love for our members on social with a virtual high-five!