Our 200+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
Interested in engaging with or joining our community of climatetech startups? Learn about how you can take action with our members or apply for startup membership!
- Peak Power, a provider of energy-optimization software and services, raised a $35M round led by Greenbacker Capital Management.
- ConnectDER, whose meter collars install directly between the home’s meter and the meter socket to create a single plug-and-play access point for installation of distributed energy resources, raised a $27M Series C.
- Alloy Enterprises closed a $26M oversubscribed Series A for its novel manufacturing method that’s revolutionizing the making of aluminum parts.
- SmartAC.com raised a $22M Series B to ramp up sales of its HVAC monitoring system.
- Ambient Fuels, a developer of green hydrogen projects, received an investment from Generate Capital and an agreement from the company to fund up to $250M of green hydrogen infrastructure.
- GPR, which is pioneering a highly accurate and reliable vehicle-positioning system, closed a Series A led by Rhapsody Venture Partners.
- Applied Bioplastics received a $400k investment from GoAhead Ventures for its economically sustainable, plant-based plastic alternatives.
- Utility Xcel Energy, which is deploying Greentown member Form Energy’s iron-air battery, received a $20M grant commitment from Breakthrough Energy for the projects.
Partnerships + Deployments
- Medley Thermal is deploying its electric boiler system at Jay Peak Resort, in “one of the largest standalone carbon-reduction projects in Vermont’s history.”
- Ohmium signed an agreement with E4Efficiency to provide green hydrogen as a substitute for methane in E4Efficiency’s regasification terminal in Spain.
- CeraPhi Energy entered an agreement with Weatherford to integrate digitalization services into the former’s geothermal technologies.
- Amogy entered into an MOU with Skansi Offshore and SEAM to investigate potential technology collaboration in the field of ammonia application, with the goal of decarbonizing the offshore industry.
- Greentown alum Advent Technologies and Greentown partner BASF signed a joint development agreement to establish an end-to-end supply chain for hydrogen fuel cell systems.
- Applied Bioplastics announced more than $60M in non-binding letters of intent with EarthGrid and another partner.
Awards + Recognition
- Active Surfaces, an ACCEL participant, won $25,000 from the New Climate Ventures Sustainability Investment Prize at the 2023 Rice Business Plan Competition. It also won the grand prize and audience choice award at the MIT $100K LAUNCH Competition.
- Future is one of TechRound’s Sustainability60 2023 winners.
- Fresh Inset won the grand prize in the Eagle of Innovation competition, under the “Startup with Potential Poland – World” category.
- Applied Bioplastics won the Grand Prize at the 2023 AdMaCom Competition.
- Greentown alum C16 Biosciences won the nature category of Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas 2023.
- Greentown members and alums Bodhi, ecoLocked, Pecos Wind Power, and Raise Green were named to the Diamond List.