Our 200+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
- Peak Power, a provider of energy-optimization software and services, raised a $35M round led by Greenbacker Capital Management.
- ConnectDER, whose meter collars install directly between the home’s meter and the meter socket to create a single plug-and-play access point for installation of distributed energy resources, raised a $27M Series C.
- Alloy Enterprises closed a $26M oversubscribed Series A for its novel manufacturing method that’s revolutionizing the making of aluminum parts.
- SmartAC.com raised a $22M Series B to ramp up sales of its HVAC monitoring system.
- Ambient Fuels, a developer of green hydrogen projects, received an investment from Generate Capital and an agreement from the company to fund up to $250M of green hydrogen infrastructure.
- GPR, which is pioneering a highly accurate and reliable vehicle-positioning system, closed a Series A led by Rhapsody Venture Partners.
- Applied Bioplastics received a $400k investment from GoAhead Ventures for its economically sustainable, plant-based plastic alternatives.
- Utility Xcel Energy, which is deploying Greentown member Form Energy’s iron-air battery, received a $20M grant commitment from Breakthrough Energy for the projects.
Partnerships + Deployments
- Medley Thermal is deploying its electric boiler system at Jay Peak Resort, in “one of the largest standalone carbon-reduction projects in Vermont’s history.”
- Ohmium signed an agreement with E4Efficiency to provide green hydrogen as a substitute for methane in E4Efficiency’s regasification terminal in Spain.
- CeraPhi Energy entered an agreement with Weatherford to integrate digitalization services into the former’s geothermal technologies.
- Amogy entered into an MOU with Skansi Offshore and SEAM to investigate potential technology collaboration in the field of ammonia application, with the goal of decarbonizing the offshore industry.
- Greentown alum Advent Technologies and Greentown partner BASF signed a joint development agreement to establish an end-to-end supply chain for hydrogen fuel cell systems.
- Applied Bioplastics announced more than $60M in non-binding letters of intent with EarthGrid and another partner.
Awards + Recognition
- Active Surfaces, an ACCEL participant, won $25,000 from the New Climate Ventures Sustainability Investment Prize at the 2023 Rice Business Plan Competition. It also won the grand prize and audience choice award at the MIT $100K LAUNCH Competition.
- Future is one of TechRound’s Sustainability60 2023 winners.
- Fresh Inset won the grand prize in the Eagle of Innovation competition, under the “Startup with Potential Poland – World” category.
- Applied Bioplastics won the Grand Prize at the 2023 AdMaCom Competition.
- Greentown alum C16 Biosciences won the nature category of Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas 2023.
- Greentown members and alums Bodhi, ecoLocked, Pecos Wind Power, and Raise Green were named to the Diamond List.