Our 200+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
- Amogy raised $11M in Series B-2 funding, bringing total Series B funding to $150M for its emission-free, energy-dense, ammonia-power solutions. Greentown partners Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries joined the Series B-2.
- Skytree, a Greentown alum, closed a $6M seed round for its direct air capture technology.
- Greentown alum Embue, whose platform offers whole building intelligence and control for multifamily housing developments, secured a $3.8M loan from MassDevelopment’s Emerging Technology Fund.
- Greentown alum Raise Green, a climate-investment marketplace, added $1M to its seed round, closing it at $2.2M.
- Applied Bioplastics received a $400k investment from GoAhead Ventures for its economically sustainable, plant-based plastic alternatives.
- AeroShield Materials, Osmoses, and Phoenix Tailings each received $100k-200k in grants from MassVentures.
Partnerships + Deployments
- Form Energy is partnering with Georgia Power to deploy a 15 megawatt/1500 megawatt-hour iron-air battery system in Georgia.
- Advent Technologies signed an MOU with Safran Power Units to develop high-temperature proton exchange membrane fuel cell technology for the aerospace sector.
- QuantAQ signed a joint-development agreement with ASCENT to test its air-quality sensors with aerosols.
- Amogy sold its first pre-order for its Zero Emission Powerpack to a Norwegian shipowner.
- SWTCH is installing 929 Level 2 EV chargers at apartment buildings across Canada.
- AmpUp expanded its EV charging network capabilities to Canada.
- Nth Cycle, a critical metals extraction and recycling company, commissioned a 21,000-square-foot refining facility in Fairfield, Ohio.
- Via Separations, a Greentown alum, is collaborating with International Paper to deploy its first commercial-scale filtration system.
- Greentown alum LineVision launched a pilot of its power-line-monitoring technology with AES, a Virginia-based utility.
Awards + Recognition
- Leaders of Greentown members florrent, Allium Engineering, and Feon Energy were selected for Activate’s 2023 cohort.
- Active Surfaces, an ACCEL participant, was selected for the 2023 Cleantech Open Northeast cohort.
- GenH was named a semifinalist for the Milken-Motsepe Prize in Green Energy—complete with a $20k prize—and will complete in the finalist round.
- Tycho Solutions was chosen for the Rice Alliance’s Clean Energy Accelerator.
- H2Ok Innovations‘ Co-founder and CEO Annie Lu was selected as a 776 Foundation Climate Fellow.
- Kara Branch of Black Girls Do Engineer and Fredric Navarre of ALLY Energy were named to the Houston Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 list.