Manufacturing Sector Pitch Day
December 6 @ 1:30 pm – 6:30 pm ET
Gather with innovators across the manufacturing industry to discuss how technology can enable a low-carbon future for the sector.
Of the five main greenhouse gas-emitting sectors, manufacturing tops the list, representing 31% of our global emissions. Decarbonizing what we make and how we make it is an enormous challenge that will require us to rethink our approach to manufacturing across the value chain—from sourcing and processing raw materials to production, packaging, distribution, and consumption. Thankfully, there are brilliant innovators and entrepreneurs already rolling up their sleeves to solve this mountainous task—10 of which will be taking the stage at our Manufacturing Sector Pitch Day to talk through their novel solutions.
Join us on December 6th for an afternoon deep dive into manufacturing decarbonization and the new technology that will bring us to a net-zero future. Hear from Greentown startups innovating in the manufacturing space and network with business leaders from various industry sectors.
2:30 – 4:30 p.m. Greentown Labs Startup Pitches
- Folia Materials has used its paper metallization coating to create paper packaging that delivers better microwave food, allowing paper to outcompete plastic by improving food quality, growing both CPG sales and paper packaging volumes.
- Soliyarn employs a unique (dry) process to vapor coat polymers on textiles, which leads to washable electronic clothing without wires or bulk.
- GreenLIB is pioneering a sustainable future by transforming battery waste into profitable, closed-loop solutions within the global lithium-ion battery (LIB) market.
- Mantel is developing the most thermally efficient and lowest cost carbon capture technology – helping the world reduce atmospheric CO2 levels.
- Carbonext is enabling the availability of large commercial graphene, which have been constrained by lack of bulk supply and prohibitive pricing, through a substantially cost effective and large-scale production of graphene.
- Imperium Zone is changing the $4.1B steam-waste industry with the first electromechanical solution to offer the only complete system to both reduce failures and provide unprecedented monitoring of the entire steam-distribution system.
- 21Senses is on a mission to combat climate change through an innovative gas-sensing technology platform.
- frakktal is developing a fully biobased PVC (polyvinyl chloride) replacement for use in the built environment.
- Elemental Recycling, LLC uses chemistry and thermodynamics to crack the bonds of organics introduced to our process. The company has a single step proprietary process that recycles any and all plastics and tires into high purity hydrogen and graphite.
- H2Ok Innovations is developing an IoT platform for optimizing industrial liquid and fluid systems in supply chain, manufacturing, and data centers. The startup unlocks previously untapped data and drives data-driven decisions off this new information to provide its customers a competitive advantage in their operations, becoming more efficient and sustainable.
4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Member Showcase + Networking
If you have questions or need to request accommodation, please reach out to Greentown Labs’ Events Coordinator, Kelly Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that by registering to attend this event you are accepting these terms: You acknowledge that alcohol will be served and all attendees are subject to be ID’ed (only those 21+ will be served); You consent to your image or likeness being used in content associated with the event; You release Greentown Labs and all partners from any and all liability stemming from any event-related incident.
Parking is incredibly limited at Greentown Labs and we encourage attendees to consider taking advantage of public transportation. We’re a short walk from the newly opened Union Square station, as well as 1 mile away from the Harvard MBTA station. Union Square in Somerville is also easily accessible via the #86 and #91 MBTA buses. We offer bike parking on-site and the closest Bluebikes stations are at Dane St., Conway Park and Union Square.
Event Health + Safety Policy
This event is in-person and masks are encouraged but not required Greentown Labs. We recommend a medical grade or K/N95 mask; Greentown provides medical grade masks at the front desk of each location.
Greentown Labs is committed to the health and safety of our team, startups, partners, and attendees, and is actively monitoring local guidelines and CDC recommendations. Please reach out Kelly Wilson (email@example.com), Events Coordinator, with any questions on our safety policy.