After our first successful Cleantech Investing 101 program on October 14, we were excited to host our follow up event Advanced Cleantech Investing on November 17. The goal of the event was to present an educational program for anyone who is interested in learning more about cleantech investing.
Our program was divided into five sections:
- Types of deals (James Garrett, Partner at Vinson & Elkins)
- Types of investors (Wes Watts, Partner at Vinson & Elkins)
- Negotiating valuation (Wes Watts)
- Term sheets (James Garrett)
- Intellectual property (Devika Kornbacher, Technology Law Partner at Vinson & Elkins)
During these sections we dove into advanced due diligence strategies, capitalization tables, exit strategies, and more.
After the main portion of the program, participants were split out into breakout groups to network and discuss their individual motivations for attending the event. Attendees included students, aspiring entrepreneurs, current Greentown startup founders, angel investors, and many others in the Houston ecosystem and beyond.
By popular request amongst participants, we will likely have an event in early 2021 covering intellectual property—stay tuned for a date and registration link.