Our 200+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
- Electra raised an $85M round to electrify and decarbonize ironmaking and steelmaking.
- Syzygy Plasmonics closed a $76M Series C to accelerate its delivery of low-carbon hydrogen technology.
- Dandelion Energy raised a $70M Series B-1 round to install geothermal heating and cooling solutions.
- WeaveGrid announced a $35M Series B for its tech that leverages machine learning capabilities and driver engagement tools to support EV charging optimization.
- Two Greentown alums were named winners of ARPA-E’s SCALEUP program: InventWood received $20M and Via Separations won $9.75M.
- Greentown Go alum Circularise, a digital product passports and mass balance bookkeeping software provider, raised €11 million in funding as part of its Series A round.
- American Battery Technology Company received a $10M grant from the U.S. Department of Energy to accelerate the development and commercialization of its advanced battery recycling techniques.
- Overstory announced a $5.2M investment in its vegetation intelligence platform that helps utilities reduce the risk of power outages and wildfires.
- AeroShield Materials, a manufacturer of super-insulating materials to decarbonize the built environment, closed a $4M seed round.
- Greentown alum Embue, a whole building intelligence, monitoring, automation and control solution for multifamily apartment building portfolios, announced a $2.3M seed round.
- Phoenix Tailings received $1.2M from the U.S. Department of Energy to extract nickel and magnesium from mining waste.
- Sol Clarity raised a $920K Seed I round, led by Greentown Terawatt Partner Equinor Ventures, to use electrodynamic screens instead of water to clean solar panels.
- Applied Bioplastics received an investment from 4WARD.VC that will advance its sustainable, plant-based plastic alternatives.
Partnerships + Deployments
- Cemvita Factory launched a program with Arizona Lithium for environmentally friendly lithium extraction.
- Enviro Power deployed its high-efficiency SmartWatt Boiler at Wesleyan University, converting heat that would otherwise be lost in traditional boilers into useful electricity.
- CeraPhi Energy signed a strategic exclusivity agreement with Greenglove Boreholes to deploy its tech in the UK and Ireland.
- Fervo Energy announced a 20 MW power purchase agreement to provide 24/7, carbon-free geothermal power to a group of nine California-based community choice aggregators.
- Greentown alum C16 Biosciences announced its first industrial-scale, 50,000 liter fermentation and the launch of a new consumer-facing brand platform for its palm oil alternatives, Palmless™.
- SWTCH Energy and Electric Circuit, a public charging network in Québec, announced that their charging stations and apps are now interoperable.
Awards + Recognition
- Greentown members and alumni Transaera, Energy Dome, and Community Energy Labs were selected for Elemental Excelerator’s 11th cohort.
- Greentown alum Biobot Analytics’ wastewater monitoring platform made TIME’s list of the Best Inventions of 2022, in the Social Good category.
- rStream Recycling Co-founder Ethan Walko was named to the 2022 BostInno 25 Under 25 List.