Our 180+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
- Sofar Ocean raised a $39M Series B.
- Titan Advanced Energy Solutions raised a $33M Series B.
- Overstory AI announced a $3.9M Seed+ round.
- Moment Energy closed a $3.5M seed round.
- Osmoses raised a $3M pre-seed round.
- American Battery Technology Company received a $2M contract award from the United States Advanced Battery Consortium, in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Energy.
Deployments + Partnerships
- InNOVAte 2019 Challenge participant Hyperframe announced a new collaboration with Saint-Gobain, our partner on the Greentown Launch program.
- Energy Toolbase announced a platform integration with Greentown partner Enel X North America and launched a new software monitoring platform.
- LineVision partnered with a large power utility in Northern Ireland to install its non-contact sensors to monitor 33kV overhead power lines in the region.
- ClearTrace announced a collaboration with EDF and JPMorgan Chase to ensure that 100 percent of the electricity consumed by JPMorgan Chase’s UK offices operations are matched in real-time with renewable energy.
- Terrapin Geothermics’ Alberta No. 1 geothermal heat and power project is partnering with the University of Alberta to study the combination of carbon sequestration and geothermal energy production.
- Greentown member OhmConnect and alum Sense ran a pilot study combining their technologies, which found strong money- and energy-saving results.
- Our alum RISE Robotics was awarded a six-month feasibility study from the AFWERX Reimagining Energy Challenge for the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Greentown alum SRECTrade, an environmental commodity management and transaction platform, was acquired by Xpansiv.
Awards + Recognition
- SparkCharge CEO Josh Aviv was named one of Insider’s 100 People Transforming Business, and the company was selected for the inaugural cohort of Ford and Newlab’s Mobility Studio.
- Heila Technologies is one of BostInno’s 2021 Inno on Fire honorees.
- SeebeckCell Technologies was selected to participate in the Chevron Technology Ventures Catalyst Program.
- Syzygy Plasmonics placed third in the Net Zero Technology Centre’s COP26 Pitch Battle.
- Julius Education was awarded a grant through Denver’s Office of Climate Action, Sustainability, and Resiliency to connect people from under-resourced communities with opportunities in green construction, along with the Energy Efficient Business Coalition and ICAST.
- The Northeast Clean Energy Council’s Green Tie Gala award winners included many familiar faces—our member LineVision for Emerging Company of the Year, our very own part-time CFO Suzanne Oakley for Startup Supporter of the Year, and our sister nonprofit FORGE for Startup Supporter of the Year.
- Leaders from our member Moment Energy and our alum Planetary Hydrogen were named to Corporate Knight’s list of “Canada’s 30 Under 30 Sustainability Leaders.”
- Transaera was selected for Third Derivative’s Cohort 419.
- SWTCH Energy was chosen for the second cohort of the Clean Fight New York accelerator.
- Helix Power was selected for Halliburton Labs’ accelerator’s industrial scaling program.
- Acelerex has added Terry Boston—former CEO of PJM Interconnection—as a shareholder and strategic partner.