Our 200 startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
- SparkCharge raised a $23M Series A, co-led by Tale Venture Partners and Pendulum and featuring a slew of other impressive investors, including the Mark Cuban Companies, Pusha-T, and Greentown partner Silicon Valley Bank.
- Soliyarn, which develops next-generation smart garments for extreme climate protection, digital health, and more, closed a $7.7M funding round.
- Singularity Energy raised a $4.5M seed round for its SaaS platform, which reports on carbon emissions for the electricity grid
- Eden received a $3.8M ARPA-E Open 2021 award for its next-generation geothermal stimulation technology.
- Criterion Energy Partners, CF Technologies, Cemvita Factory, MicroEra Power, Littoral Power Systems, and Massachusetts Materials Technologies received SBIR and STTR grants from the Department of Energy.
Deployments + Partnerships
- CalWave is collaborating with Launch Alaska to facilitate wave energy projects in Alaska.
- Bold Ideas 2020 participant Salient Energy announced a partnership with Horton World Solutions (HWS), where HWS will host the first in-field demonstration of Salient’s zinc-ion storage system and qualify the system for installation in its planned construction of over 200,000 homes.
- Greentown alum RISE Robotics announced a collaborative agreement with Danfoss Power Solutions to “jointly validate and test a key innovation that has the potential to transform the heavy machinery market through electrification.”
- Greentown alum Energy Web Foundation and RMI released a draft approach to evaluating the material impact of market-based renewable energy purchases.
- Greentown alum Dexai Robotics’s robot, Alfred, is in operation at a public restaurant in Massachusetts.
Awards + Recognition
- Cemvita Factory was selected for the AWS Clean Energy Accelerator 2.0, and OpConnect was chosen for the AWS Sustainable Cities Accelerator.
- Folia, OffGridBox, Micronic Technologies, Katz Water Technologies, and Onvector were named among the 101 most innovative water purification companies in the U.S. by Futurology.
- Greentown alum Biobot Analytics’s Mariana Matus was named to the Boston Globe’s Tech Power Players 50 list. Biobot also made the 2022 CNBC Disruptor 50 list.
- Greentown member SparkCharge’s Tim McCusker and Greentown alum ElectricFish’s Anurag Kamal were named to Business Insider’s 35 Under 35 list for the EV industry.
- Noteworthy AI was accepted into the 2022 Dominion Energy Innovation Center’s Accelerate cohort.
- Syzygy Plasmonics’ CEO Trevor Best was featured by InnovationMap as a Houston innovator to know.