Our 200+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
Interested in engaging with or joining our community of climatetech startups? Learn about how you can take action with our members or apply for startup membership!
- Amogy raised a $139M Series B-1 to commercialize its ammonia-to-power technology.
- Carbon to Value (C2V) Initiative Year 1 alum Air Company signed a $65M government deal for testing sustainable air fuel production with the U.S. Air Force.
- American Battery Technology Company executed a term-sheet agreement with TechMet-Mercuria, a Geneva-based energy metals joint venture, for a $20M non-dilutive debt facility for recycled-battery-metal products.
- SepPure raised a $12M Series A for its industrial chemical-membrane technology.
- OpConnect received backing from Obsidian to build high-speed EV chargers to support rideshare drivers in low-income neighborhoods.
- Greentown alum Sunwealth received a $5M debt loan from RSF Social Finance to support its portfolio of 26 community-based solar projects.
- Carbonova was awarded $2M from Sustainable Development Technology Canada, which will bolster its carbon nanofiber tech.
Partnerships + Deployments
- Amogy is building an emissions-free ship powered by ammonia.
- Advent Technologies opened an R&D facility in Charlestown, MA to develop and manufacture its fuel-cell and hydrogen tech.
- Nfinite Nanotech, a Go Make 2022 participant, signed a joint-research project agreement with Amcor to validate its nanocoating technology, which enhances both recyclable and compostable packaging.
- American Battery Technology Company entered agreements to purchase a commercial-scale battery recycling facility in Nevada.
- Greentown alum SparkCharge expanded its EV-charging-as-a-service option, SparkCharge Fleet, nationwide.
- Greentown Go alum Advanced Ionics announced the first paid pilot of its low-cost green hydrogen technology, sponsored by the Repsol Foundation.
- Greentown Go alum Circularise joined Audi’s MaterialLoop project to investigate the possibility of reusing post-consumer materials from end-of-life vehicles for the production of new cars.
- C2V Initiative Year 2 alum Carbon Upcycling Technologies received an investment from CRH—part of the initiative’s Carbontech Leadership Council—to launch its first commercial-scale facility.
- Greentown member Ivys acquired the climatetech assets and IP of Xebec Adsorption Inc. and Compressed Air International, giving it expertise and technology in renewable natural gas, hydrogen, carbon capture, and industrial gas.
Awards + Recognition
- Katz Water Technologies is a finalist in the Department of Energy’s Solar Desalination Prize, winning a $750k cash prize and $100k in research vouchers.
- H2Ok Innovations was named Startup of the Year by Unilever, a Greentown Terawatt Partner.
- Greentown members AeroShield and Pressure Corp were both winners of the Most Promising Energy Startup prize at the Rice Alliance 2023 Energy Venture Day.
- Future was named one of the best eco-friendly debit cards for 2023.