Our 200+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
- Cleartrace announced a $20M financing round, from several strategic investors, including Greentown partner EDF Energy North America.
- Topl, a Greentown alum, raised a $15M Series A for its blockchain ecosystem that helps companies track and monetize social impact initiatives.
- Energy Dome closed an $11M convertible round to accelerate the commercial development of its CO2 battery.
- Fervo Energy raised $10M from Liberty Energy to support its next-generation geothermal energy technology.
- Revterra raised a $6M Series A for its grid-stabilizing kinetic battery from Greentown partners Equinor and SCF Partners’ venturing arms.
- Noteworthy AI closed a $3M round to accelerate its growth as a provider of electric distribution asset inspection solutions.
- SiTration raised $2.35M in pre-seed funding, which will support its novel separation processes for extracting lithium, cobalt, nickel, and more from recycled EV batteries.
- Carbfix, a Carbon to Value Initiative Year 1 participant, received a grant from the European Innovation Fund to build the Coda Terminal, a large-scale CO2 transport and storage hub in Iceland.
Deployments + Partnerships
- Peak Power received a $765K investment from Natural Resources Canada’s Zero Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program to install 117 V1G chargers—and is partnering with fellow Greentown member SWTCH Energy on the installations.
- Our members Stash Energy and Beacon Climate Innovations are installing a thermal-energy-storage heat pump network for about 25 low-income homes, with support from an InnovateMass award and in collaboration with partners including the Taunton Housing Authority.
- Kanin Energy is partnering with Tallgrass to develop four waste-heat-to-power clean energy projects.
- Moment Energy established a supply agreement with Mercedes-Benz Energy for second-life electric vehicle batteries.
- Greentown alum Energy Web is partnering with Volkswagen on a smart-charging solution, enabling EV owners to charge their vehicles with renewable electricity that’s matched directly with the vehicle’s real-time electricity consumption.
- Energy Toolbase launched its newest financing integration partner, Sustainable Capital Finance, on its ETB Developer platform.
- MicroEra Power was invited by Burlington Electric Department to propose a pilot project, as part of a culminating event with the DeltaClimeVT 2022 accelerator.
- Raise Green announced new partnerships with Applied Bioplastics—a fellow Greentown member—and several other organizations. Applied Bioplastics is raising a round with public investors on the Raise Green Marketplace to scale its plant-based plastic manufacturing, which emits 40 percent less CO2 than conventional plastic manufacturing processes.
- Octopus Energy will launch an EV-leasing program and demand-response energy plan.
- Energy Toolbase is deploying its Acumen EMS controls software on a portfolio of five standalone energy storage projects being developed and deployed by Ventura Energy.
- Radical Plastics is conducting field trials of mulch film produced by its patented technology with Johnny’s Selected Seeds.
- Patch, a Carbon to Value Initiative Year 1 participant, has expanded its carbon credit marketplace to Japan.
Awards + Recognition
- Titan Advanced Energy Solutions won the U.S. Department of Energy’s Battery Recycling Prize.
- Zephyr is the grand prize winner of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cooling Solutions Challenge.
- Boxes was selected for the inaugural cohort of the Google for Startups Latino Founders Fund.
- Our members and alums Community Energy Labs, ElectricFish, and InventWood received awards from the Caltech Rocket Fund 2022.
- Parasanti was selected to participate in the Chevron Technology Ventures (CTV) Catalyst Program.
- Salient was a winner of the 2022 Zurich Innovation Championship’s sustainability category.
- Applied Bioplastics won first place in the StartupEngine Pitch Competition with Kevin O’Leary, aka Mr. Wonderful.
- Air Company, a Carbon to Value Initiative Year 1 participant, was a winner of the Keeling Curve Prize.
- Our alum Sunwealth received the top Real Leaders Eco Innovation Award.
- Noteworthy AI was accepted into EDP’s 2022 Energy Starter accelerator.
- Greentown alum RISE Robotics won the U.S. Army xTechSearch 6 competition.
- Our member Phoenix Tailings and Carbon to Value Initiative Year 1 participant Patch were named to a list of the top 100 early-stage companies to work for by executive search firm Will Reed.
- Raise Green won 4WARD.VC’s Startup Tank Pitch Competition for its presentation on “Closing the Loop of Climate Financing.”
- Future‘s FutureCard was featured in Forbes’s list of Best Green Credit Cards of July 2022.