Our 200+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
- Sublime Systems raised a $40M Series A to advance its groundbreaking manufacturing process for low-carbon cement.
- Energy Dome won €17.5M from the European Commission’s 2022 EIC Accelerator to advance its CO2 battery.
- Greentown alum Kuva Systems closed an $11.3M Series A for its industrial IoT platform, which offers image-based, continuous monitoring of methane emissions.
- Aja Labs raised a $2.5M seed round to accelerate commercialization of its environmentally friendly synthetic hair alternative.
- Greentown Go alum BlakBear, which provides package-level food freshness visibility, raised a £2.3M seed round.
- Nth Cycle won a $2.15M grant from the Department of Energy for its electro-extraction technology.
- Aeromine Technologies received an investment and endorsement from AEC Angels, an investment platform focused on architecture, engineering, and construction technologies.
Partnerships + Deployments
- Form Energy is partnering with the State of West Virginia to build its first iron-air battery manufacturing facility in the city of Weirton, “a historic steel community with a rich history and knowledge of iron processing.” It also announced an agreement to deploy its technology at two of Xcel Energy’s retiring coal plant sites.
- Future partnered with Volkswagen to develop an EV calculator that tells customers how many tons of carbon they could save by switching from a gas-powered car to VW’s ID.4 EV.
- Syzygy Plasmonics is partnering with nonprofit research institute RTI International to demonstrate sustainable fuel production from CO2 and methane—a project sponsored by Greentown partners Equinor Ventures and Sumitomo Corporation of Americas.
- Alma Energy signed an MOU with the University of Texas El Paso on direct lithium extraction from brine produced from geothermal wells.
- In partnership with Costa Rican solar company Sunshine, Energy Toolbase deployed its Acumen EMS™ controls software at a pharmaceutical facility to help it reduce its utility bill and improve efficiency.
- Applied Bioplastics is fundraising on fellow Greentown member Raise Green’s platform.
- Medley Thermal, a project development and software company focused on deploying renewable power-to-heat systems in large commercial and industrial applications, was acquired by Antora Energy.
Awards + Recognition
- Many Greentown members and alumni were featured in Cleantech Group’s 2023 Global Cleantech 100 list—including Carbon Upcycling, e-Zinc, Fervo Energy, Infinite Cooling, Moment Energy, Mori, OhmConnect, Patch, Syzygy Plasmonics, Verdox, Via Separations, and WeaveGrid.
- Greentown Go alum INOVUES was accepted into the NYC Accelerator Service Provider Program, run by the NYC Mayor’s Office of Climate & Environmental Justice.
- Greentown Go alum Impactful Health Research and Development was named Innovative Business of the Year in the Halifax Business Awards.