Our 200+ startups never fail to impress us with their hard work and commitment to scaling their climatetech solutions! Check out their latest accomplishments below.
- Carbon Upcycling raised $26M in Series A funding for its carbon-sequestration technology.
- Dioxycle, a Carbon to Value (C2V) Initiative Year 3 participant, closed a $17M Series A to further develop its low-temperature, carbon-converting electrolyzer.
- Energy Dome added €15M to its Series B, closing the round at €55M to help scale its long-duration-energy-storage technology.
- Go Energize 2022 participant Advanced Ionics closed a $12.5M Series A—led by Greentown partner bp ventures and with investments from Greentown partners Clean Energy Ventures and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries—for its green-hydrogen-producing electrolyzer technology.
- SnoFox Sciences closed a $4.5M seed round for its cold-supply-chain technology.
- OpConnect raised $3M of a planned $8M Series A for its EV charging service.
- Varea Energy announced a $500k pre-seed funding round for its solution that involves deploying modular hydrogen-fuel stations.
PARTNERSHIPS + DEPLOYMENT
- Form Energy won a $12M grant from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority to roll out a 10 megawatt / 1000 megawatt-hour iron-air battery system in New York State.
- florrent will open a facility in Deerfield, MA to pilot its solution that sequesters carbon with hemp-based ultracapacitors.
- Ebb Carbon’s first ocean-carbon-removal system is operating in the U.S. Department of Energy’s Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in Sequim, WA.
- American Battery Technology Company finalized the purchase of its commercial-scale battery-recycling facility.
- Arco Technologies, which was a Go Energize 2022 participant, is partnering with Greentown Go partner Shell’s GameChanger program to create a new AEM electrolyzer capable of higher hydrogen production.
- CalWave is working to install its technology that converts wave energy into electricity at a wave-energy test site in Oregon.
- Fervo Energy’s geothermal-generated power technology was successfully piloted in a project for Google.
- LineVision launched a new product called LineVision LUX, the power transmission industry’s first non-contact sensor. It is also partnering with Ulteig to improve electric line ratings.
- Moonshot Compost partnered with Baylor University to divert food waste in Waco, Texas.
- WIP International Services contracted with schools in El Salvador to pilot a smaller version of its atmospheric water generators.
- A Carbon Upcycling Technologies company, Oco, is collaborating with Adidas to use carbon-captured ink in an upcoming sneaker collection.
- C2V Initiative Year 1 participant Air Company is partnering with airline Air Canada to develop sustainable aviation fuels.
- Greentown alum C16 Biosciences collaborated with Haeckels and Pangaia to release a palm-oil-free soap bar.
- Greentown alum Moment Energy partnered with Saskatchewan Renewable Energy Solutions to integrate its battery- energy-storage systems into the Canadian region’s clean energy initiatives.
AWARDS + RECOGNITION
- SkyH2O won the Global Excellence Award for Best Atmospheric Water Generation Company from Acquisition International.
- Alex Rappaport, co-founder and CEO of Greentown alum ZwitterCo, was named to Boston Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 list.
- Fervo Energy’s CEO Tim Latimer was featured by InnovationMap as an innovator to know.
- Future was selected as a finalist in the finance category by Fast Company’s Innovation by Design Awards for its FutureCard Visa Debit Card, which encourages circular fashion.