Healthy Buildings Challenge Final Showcase
Join us to celebrate the culmination of the Healthy Buildings Challenge!
Thursday, March 31 | 4:30pm CT / 5:30pm ET | Hybrid Event
On Thursday, March 31, join us to celebrate the culmination of the Healthy Buildings Challenge, a corporate partnerships accelerator program in partnership with Saint-Gobain and supported by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, that has supported five innovative startups focused on advancing building tech solutions for the health of both people and the climate.
Attendees will hear the Healthy Buildings Challenge participants speak about their technologies, what they have learned and accomplished over the past six months, and where they are headed next.
- 5:30-6:00pm: Check-in and Networking
- 6:00-6:15pm: Welcome Remarks
- 6:15-7:15pm: Startup Presentations
- 7:15-7:25pm: Keynote Remarks
- 7:25-7:30pm: Closing Remarks
- 7:30-8:00pm: Networking
Learn about the startups below!
- AeroShield (Boston, MA) develops super-insulating, transparent inserts for windows, bringing state-of-the-art thermal comfort and energy savings into buildings at an affordable price.
- Alkemy Environmental (Somerville, MA) recycles industrial waste streams into structural-grade lightweight concrete aggregates.
- Enerbrain (Torino, Italy) develops a Plug&Play IoT solution ready for the market that monitors and controls heating, cooling, and ventilation systems in buildings to make them smarter, healthier, and more sustainable thanks to AI and IoT technologies.
- InventWood (College Park, MD) creates advanced wood material innovations, including strong yet light “‘super wood”’ I-joists that can replace steel I-beams in buildings.
- Zero (Cambridge, MA) develops automation software that enables hassle-free home retrofits to improve comfort and eliminate emissions.
Check out the Healthy Buildings Challenge landing page for more information on this program!
About Saint Gobain
Saint-Gobain CertainTeed is a leading North American manufacturer of building materials including roofing, vinyl siding, trim, fence, railing, decking, insulation, gypsum, and ceilings products. Saint-Gobain is one of the top 100 industrial companies in the world.
Climate action has been at the core of Saint-Gobain’s business strategy for a long time. In 2010, the company committed to reduce its CO2 emissions by 20 percent by the year 2025, and have already achieved a reduction of 14.5 percent CO2 by the end of 2019. Saint-Gobain provides energy-efficient solutions and support the development of renewable energy by providing solutions for industrial players and utilities in the energy sector. Its solutions for lightweight construction materials drive building design toward significantly less carbon-intensive options when compared to traditional construction. Saint-Gobain supports the Net Zero Carbon Commitment of the World Building Council, and is an advocate for a greener, more sustainable built environment.
The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) is dedicated to accelerating the success of clean energy technologies, companies, and projects in the Commonwealth—while creating high-quality jobs and long-term economic growth for the people of Massachusetts.
Questions? Reach out to Greentown Labs’ Senior Manager of Events, Jill Kirkpatrick at email@example.com.
Parking is incredibly limited at Greentown Labs and we encourage attendees to consider taking advantage of public transportation. We’re a short 1-mile walk from the Harvard MBTA station down Kirkland and Washington Streets. Union Square in Somerville is also easily accessible via the #86 and #91 MBTA buses. We offer indoor bike parking on-site and the closest Bluebikes stations are at Dane St., Conway Park and Union Square.
Event Health + Safety Policy
Masks are encouraged but not required while inside Greentown Labs. We recommend a medical grade or K/N95 mask; Greentown provides medical grade masks at the front desk of each location.
Greentown Labs is committed to the health and safety of our team, startups, partners, and attendees, and is actively monitoring local guidelines and CDC recommendations. Please reach out Jill Kirkpatrick (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Manager of Events, with any questions on our safety policy.