Equity in Green Jobs
September 29, 2021 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Central Time
Join us virtually to learn about climatetech workforce development programs as well as current available opportunities
Wednesday, September 29 | 4:00pm CT | Hybrid Event
We know the climate crisis and the fight for racial justice go hand in hand. The projected growth of the climatetech industry and its ability to train and employ people means that there is a lot of potential to create wealth and jobs, especially for low-income communities and communities of color that need good jobs and opportunities for long-term wealth building.
On Wednesday, September 29 at 4:00 PM CT hear from experts who will share how we build towards a resilient, low carbon future while simultaneously and rapidly expanding opportunities for women and people of color to participate in and benefit from the fight against climate change.
In-person attendees are invited to join us for a happy hour following the panel discussion at Greentown Houston from 5:00-7:00pm CT!
The conversation will cover:
- The current state of Houston’s quickly evolving energy landscape
- Skills required for the Energy Transition
- Examples of comprehensive climatetech workforce development programs
- Incorporating equity into green jobs
- Peter Beard, Senior Vice President, Regional Workforce Development, GHP
- Kay McCall, Executive Director, Renewable Energy Alliance Houston
- Katie Mehnert, CEO and Founder, ALLY Energy
- (Moderator) Juliana Garaizar, Head of Houston Incubator and Vice President of Innovation, Greentown Labs