Carbon to Value Initiative: Year 1 Cohort Showcase
October 21 @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Eastern Time
Join us virtually on Thursday, Oct. 21 to celebrate the culmination of the first year of the Carbon to Value (C2V) Initiative!
Hear from the 10 exciting Year 1 cohort startups shaping the future of the carbontech industry as they each present their unique solutions, the progress they’ve made over the six months of the C2V program, and where they are headed next.
The C2V Initiative is a multi-year collaboration among The Urban Future Lab (UFL), Greentown Labs, and the Fraunhofer USA TechBridge Program. This unique partnership is driving the creation of a thriving innovation ecosystem for the commercialization of carbontech—technologies that capture, convert, and store carbon dioxide (CO₂) into valuable end products or services. The C2V Initiative is supported by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) and the Consulate General of Canada in New York.
- 4:00-4:10pm ET: Opening Remarks
- Emily Reichert, CEO, Greentown Labs
- Pat Sapinsley, Managing Director, Urban Future Lab
- 4:10-4:35pm ET: Lightning Presentations from C2V’s first-year cohort startups
- 4:35-4:55pm ET: Keynote Speaker
- 4:55-5:20pm ET: Lightning Presentations from C2V’s first-year cohort startups
- 5:20-6:20pm ET: Startup Virtual Booths and One-on-One Networking
At this virtual event, attendees will:
- Hear pitches from the C2V Initiative’s inaugural cohort of carbontech startups developing technology and business innovations to capture, utilize, and/or sequester carbon
- Learn from carbontech experts
- Have the opportunity to network with government, nonprofit, and corporate executives from the Carbontech Leadership Council
- Meet with carbontech entrepreneurs, investors, and other climate champions
This event is hosted by Greentown Labs, Urban Future Lab, and Fraunhofer.