- This event has passed.
Carbon to Value Initiative Kickoff
May 6, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDTFree
Thursday, May 6 | 3 p.m. CT / 4 p.m. ET
Join us on Thursday, May 6 for the Carbon to Value Initiative Kickoff Event!
The Carbon to Value (C2V) Initiative is a multi-year collaboration between The Urban Future Lab (UFL), Greentown Labs, and the Fraunhofer USA TechBridge Program. This unique partnership is driving the creation of a thriving innovation ecosystem for the commercialization of carbontech — technologies that capture, convert and store carbon dioxide (CO₂) into valuable end products or services. The C2V Initiative is supported by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) and the Consulate General of Canada in New York.
Join us as we welcome the first cohort of startups to this exciting new program, which will connect them with experts, resources, and programming to help them achieve their commercial and technical milestones!
At this virtual event, attendees will:
- Hear pitches from the C2V Initiative’s inaugural cohort of carbontech startups developing technology and business innovations to capture, utilize and sequester carbon
- Hear from carbontech experts
- Have the opportunity to network with VIPs and executives from the Carbontech Leadership Council
- Network with carbontech entrepreneurs, investors, students, and other climate champions
Agenda (tentative; all times ET):
- 4:00-4:05: Opening Remarks from UFL
- 4:05-4:15: How Carbontech Fits into NYSERDA Innovation Agenda (NYSERDA)
- 4:15-4:45: Lightning Presentations from C2V’s first-year cohort startups*
- 4:45-5:00: Keynote Speaker**
- 5:00-5:05: Closing Remarks from Greentown Labs
- 5:05-6:00: Networking (Remo)
* Selected startups to be announced
** Keynote speaker to be announced