- This event has passed.
Bold Ideas 2020 Kickoff
About this Event
Bold Ideas 2020 is a six-month partnerships accelerator program for startups hosted by Greentown Labs, the largest climatetech incubator in North America, and Schneider Electric, the global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation in homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure, and industries.
Bold Ideas 2020 is built to advance innovative startups that can unleash energy storage capabilities and accelerate development of the New Electric World.Bold Ideas 2020 will provide startups a structured platform to explore potential partnership outcomes with Schneider Electric. In the process, it will connect them with experts, resources, and programming that will help them achieve their commercial and technical milestones.
At this virtual event, attendees will:
- Have the opportunity to network with VIPs and executives from Schneider Electric
- Hear pitches from startups working on energy storage performance improvement, long-duration storage innovations, and new digital applications and business models for storage assets
- Learn about Schneider Electric’s innovation priorities, including the transition to the New Electric World in the face of daunting climate challenges
- Network with climatetech entrepreneurs, investors, students, and other climate champions
Agenda (tentative; all times ET):
11:30-11:35am: Introduction from Greentown Labs
11:35am-12:15pm: Panel Discussion + Q&A
- Jason Jacobs (moderator), host of My Climate Journey
- Trish Starkey, VP of Commercial Operations at AlphaStruxure
- Alicia Barton, CEO, FirstLight Power
- Kavita Ravi, Managing Director, BlueWave Solar
- Stanley Whittingham, Nobel Laureate and Inventor of the Li-ion Battery
- Marilyn Waite, Climate and Clean Energy Finance Program Officer, William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
12:15-12:30pm: Startup Presentations
12:30-12:35pm: Closing remarks from Schneider Electric