Last week Greentown Labs hosted Cleantech Open Northeast’s (CTONE) annual “Tell Your Story Day,” an interactive business clinic to prepare startups to pitch their companies. Semifinalists in this year’s CTONE Accelerator Program had the opportunity to share their elevator pitch, slide deck and executive summary—all necessary items for effectively communicating your company’s story!
During the event, participating companies were split up and sent to three different rooms where business mentors shared feedback to their elevator pitch, offered suggestions to their pitch deck and listened to their executive summaries.
Eight startups attended the business clinic and collectively represented various sectors of the cleantech industry. These startups were:
- PV Pure: developer and operator of decentralized solar-powered water purification plants.
- FCG Chemicals: engineers process intensification technology to reduce chemical manufacturing costs.
- SUN ISLAND: builds a trusted and transparent relationship between end-users and local installers in the solar sector through an integrated online platform.
- Wicked Science I/O: is working to revolutionize fluid flow in buildings with real-time analytics.
- Surge Hydro: is ushering hydroelectric facilities into the twenty-first century through the implementation of efficient and safe technologies.
- Poly6 Technologies, a company that turn citrus rinds into bio-based materials called Citrene™.
- Kellog’s Research Labs: is focused on Nitinol product prototyping and development.
- Proper Pipe: an innovation house dedicated to improving global water, oil and gas supply systems.
Thanks to all who attended the event and to the mentors who shared valuable insights with the startups. Best of luck to the startups as they begin sharing their stories with their key audiences! The next “Tell Your Story Day” will take place in NYC on August 23rd, hosted at Greentown Labs’ partner, the Urban Future Lab! More information can be found here.