Join Greentown Labs as the inaugural Chief Financial Officer
Meet Climate Change Head On
Founded in 2011, Greentown Labs is the largest climatech startup incubator in North America.
We’re a community of climatetech believers working together to restructure the world. At Greentown Labs, we see with clear eyes the universal challenge that climate change poses. And we meet it with an equally clear vision for solving the problem—in fact, it’s an amazing opportunity for ingenuity and collaboration.
Founded by climatetech entrepreneurs, we’re bringing together startups, corporates, investors, politicians, active citizens, and many others to make our best possible future. Because each innovation becomes greater when combined with others in a community of changemakers.
Together, we can power the climatetech revolution. We need all hands on deck. Leaders with the passion, expertise and perseverance to serve as Greentown’s inaugural Chief Financial Officer to enable our growth into the next stage and beyond are invited to apply now – scroll to learn more.
Greentown Labs seeks to fully represent our community and constituencies—particularly low-income communities and communities of color—to amplify those voices and provide opportunities to participate in the direction and leadership of the organization. We actively encourage candidates from broad, diverse backgrounds to apply.
Here’s What We Are Looking For
We seek leaders who have demonstrated success in and commitment to collaboration, innovation and dynamic organizational growth to build Greentown’s financial team.
Qualified candidates will have a track record of experience in three core areas:
- Financial operations leadership and reporting
- Financial and accounting staff management
- Executive leadership and planning for scale
The Greentown team recognizes that there is never one right pathway or profile for any position. We will be most interested in applications from candidates who can demonstrate a large number of the qualifications outlined in the job description. Some of the key qualifications for the role are outlined below:
- Mission-orientated with positive, can-do attitude and collaborative leadership and management style
- Experience as a CFO or equivalent role in a similar-sized or larger fast-growing social enterprise
- Executive leadership presence and strong presentation skills to communicate financial reports to Board of Directors and other senior executives
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally
- Knowledge of non-profit finance, accounting, budgeting, cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and federal/state financial regulations
- Experience with foundation and/or government grant budgeting and reporting
When you join Greentown, you will gain access to a wide selection of employer-sponsored benefits. In addition to the traditional health, vision, dental, and retirement benefits, Greentown provides employees paid time off, and many other perks. To learn more, click here.
All full-time staff are eligible for health benefits, medical, dental and vision, and can select from a range of medical plans.
- Greentown pays a portion of the cost of medical plan premiums for employee and dependent coverage and pays 100% of the cost of vision and dental plan premiums for employees.
After 6 months, all full-time staff are eligible for:
- 401k Plan with a Safe Harbor Mandatory Match of 100% of the first 3% made on a payroll by payroll basis
- Greentown follows a 100% immediate vesting schedule, and there are no age or service requirements for elective, 401K, or Safe Harbor contributions.
Greentown employees receive robust paid time off including vacation, personal and sick leave. Vacation time increases with employee tenure, up to 20 days/year at 10 years of service.
Get to Know Greentown
Greentown is home to more than 180 climatetech startups building a sustainable future for all and has locations in Somerville, MA and Houston, TX. Since 2011, Greentown’s community has raised over $1 billion dollars for climate technologies.
Greentown’s Somerville 100,000-square-foot campus offers prototyping and wet lab space, shared office space, a machine shop, an electronics lab, and a curated suite of programs and resources with capacity to house more than 100 climatetech startups. We opened the doors in our Houston campus on Earth Day 2021 and have welcomed more than 30 Houston members. Our 40,000-square-foot incubator, located in the Innovation District being developed by Rice Management Company, offers prototyping lab, office, and community space for up to about 50 startup companies.
To learn more about what climate action at work means to us, click here.
To get to know Greentown’s CEO, click here to watch CEO Emily Reichert discuss the power of community to solve the world’s greatest challenges.